DIVISION OF KOREAN LANGUAGE & LITERATURE
- Telephone Number :
- FAX Number :
- Office Location :
- Queen Sunheon Building 411
- E-Mail :
The Division of Korean Language & Literature, established in the year 1948, has a long history and tradition. The division focuses on nurturing creative experts with a high command and in-depth knowledge of the Korean language and literature, based on an understanding of Korean culture and language. Students in the division will be instilled with a command of the language’s style and logic along with cultural sensitivity to become practical experts who are in demand during this age of globalization and information. There are many graduates working in the field even now, leading the age of “cultural content.”
Purpose of the Education
Cultivate the practical female professional talent who can use and enjoy the Korean language and literature accurately based on the subjective understanding of the people’s culture and tradition.
- Cultivate the womanpower leading the liveliness of the racial culture through fostering the knowledge and capability required for the research and development of Korean language and literature.
- Contribute to the research, education, and spread of Korean language and literature through the overall understanding of Korean culture.
- Inherit the tradition and features of Sookmyung creatively, which is the first women’s private university in Korea, and grope for the subjective and equal gender path for the Korean language and literature suitable for the globalization era.
- Discharge the practical female experts who are able to use Korean language accurately and well aware of the tradition of ethnological literature.
Table of the Graduation Credit Allocation
|Required||Elective||Sub total||Required||Elective||Sub total|
|Korean Language & Literature||16||21||over 37||9||45||54||over 140|