DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY & CULTURE
- Telephone Number :
- FAX Number :
- Office Location :
- Queen Sunheon Building 412
- E-Mail :
The Department of History & Culture researches the history and culture of Korea as well as that of East Asia, Europe, and America. There are primarily three curricula, namely, Korean history, East Asian history, and western history. The educational goal of the department is to foster innovative talent and thinking ability through the process of systematic study and research in one’s major. In addition, the department endeavors to instill in students a proper historical consciousness and view of history with the aid of historical knowledge, and practical ability according to each subject. Furthermore, the department is producing talented women who, based on their knowledge of both Western and Eastern history and culture, can provide vision for 21st century multiculturalism and diversification.
Purpose of the Education
The education purpose of the Department of History & Culture is to enrich the life in the daily living as a human being by understanding the human civilization positively through the quest for the oriental/western history.
- Develop the extensive knowledge on the oriental/western history and culture.
- Foster the science application power with the research of history researching method and theory.
- Set up the right history consciousness and historical view by reviewing and criticizing the major problems in the history.
- Cultivate the intellectual who can contribute to the development of society with the qualification of the cosmopolitan.
Table of the Graduation Credit Allocation
|Required||Elective||Sub total||Required||Elective||Sub total|
|History & Culture||16||21||over 37||21||39||60||over 140|