DEPARTMENT OFPOLITICAL SCIENCE & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- Telephone Number :
- FAX Number :
- Office Location :
- Queen Sunheon Building 313
- E-Mail :
Political Science and International Relations is a discipline that requires keen insight and broad thinking. Since its establishment in 1953, the Department has been producing progressive and forward-looking talent to lead society thanks to its long history in political science. This has involved developing a variety of courses, student activities, and mentoring between professors and students to promote face-to-face student management. It is from such a foundation that global leaders have been nurtured. The department will keep focusing on developing proactive students with a proper knowledge and discernment of the reality of politics, international relations, and diplomacy by providing them with professional knowledge and insight into rapidly changing times.
Purpose of the Education
The education purpose of Department of Political Science & International Relations is to foster the progressive and active women leaders who will lead the changing international society.
- Teach the students to analyze the complicated political phenomena and causes of the change systematically, which are arising in the link of international society and domestic politics, and to have the logical mind pointing out the problems.
- Educate students for creative thinking and strategic thinking to interpret the past precept newly again in the contemporary meaning through the education of classics and history.
- Educate the students to improve the communication ability for the respected democratic citizens who are able to create the common value with the neighbors of different ideology, culture, and race through the open study and various experience studies.
- Educate the students, through the various service programs, to be the service minded intellectuals who pursue the universal human value beyond the border with the sacrificing and sharing philosophy for working together.
- Educate the students to develop the network through the opportunities of various symposiums or internships, to be bestowed with the motivation to learn through the mentoring opportunity, and to have the attitude trying honestly and sincerely to develop own capability.
Table of the Graduation Credit Allocation
|Required||Elective||Sub total||Required||Elective||Sub total|
|Political Science & International Relations||16||21||over 37||18||36||over 54||over 140|