DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- Telephone Number :
- FAX Number :
- Office Location :
- Queen Sunheon Building 313
- E-Mail :
Public administration is the study of national management. It is a social science that promotes efficient operating systems and development between the public sector and the private sector; furthermore, it collectively designs balanced development of a nation’s public sector and society. Therefore, public administration is trying to establish an administrative operating system that can respond to a variety of public challenges. To accomplish this, the determination of rational decisions, and methods and technologies for decision application are required. It is also vital to surpass theory-driven research and reach application-driven research by increasing democracy in the administration. This field has proven essential in our day as the quality of life and the role of the nation are becoming areas of increasing interest.
Purpose of the Education
The education purpose of the Department of Public Administration is to foster the professional and capable women leaders who can lead the development in the government field and private field by cultivating the political capability and management ability through overall understanding of the public administration.
The education goal of public administration major is to cultivate the professional woman power who will lead the development of country and society in the globalization, informatization, and localization era.
- Foster the reasonable creativity and emotional creativity for the driving force of the national and social development, and cultivate the future-oriented female talent with the planning/administration capability based on the creativity.
- Cultivate the capable womanpower required in the ordinary enterprises as well as in the public organizations by fostering the capability to take measures actively against the rapid social changes, solve the scattered social problems rationally, and carry out the given tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Understand the importance of public benefit and social responsibility, and foster the sound citizenship.
- Cultivate the professional public administration manpower prepared with the international sense.
Table of the Graduation Credit Allocation
|Required||Elective||Sub total||Required||Elective||Sub total|
|Public Administration||16||21||over 37||18||42||over 60||over 140|