The Health Care Center aims to maintain and improve the health of students, faculty and staff, as well as to prevent disease so that all Sookmyung family members can lead happy and healthy lives.HOMEPAGE
It provides various medical services for students and faculty to have healthy school life including health counselling, illness treatments, and health education.
Personnel and Major Duties
|Department||Personnel||Major Duties||Working Hours|
|Office onf the Director||Director||General Management||Monday- Friday
09 : 00-17: 30
(Lunch hours: 12:00~13:00)
|General Medical Office||Doctor||Treatment, Counselling, Health Management|
|Nurse||Medical examination assistant, Treatment, Illness prevention management|
|Pharmacist||Preparation, Medication, Emergency medication support|
|Office of Health Care Center, Medical Mutual Aids Association||Manager||General management work, Medical mutual aids association related works|
- General Medical Office(Phone: +82-2-710-9146, 9147)
- Examination, Counselling, Medication, Vaccination, Convalescence, and Emergency Medication Support are provided.
- Students can be medicated and treated based on doctor's examination after registration, and when necessary, they can be referred to outside medical organizations.
- Examination and Counselling
The 1st medical examination and treatment is being processed for the diseases of internal medicine, surgery, dermatology, ophthalmology, and otorhinolaryngology in the general checkup room.
- Physical Examination of the newly admitted students
Held on Februaries of each year of the newly admitted students in internal medicine examination, dental examination, hepatitis B antigen-antibody examination and anemia test, urine test, chest X-ray examination, hearing test, blood pressure measurement, and physical measurement.
- Free health checkup for the attending students
Execute the disease management prevention affairs through the B-type hepatitis antigen & antibody test, anemia, blood sugar, lipid test, chest X-ray examination.
- B-type hepatitis : With a hepatitis B antigen-antibody examination, it is available all year round.
- A-type hepatitis : Recommend the vaccination due to the increase of disease ratio for the age group of 20~30.
- Rubella : To prevent the hereditary rubella syndrome, it is available throughout the year.
- Influenza : Offered in every Fall (1around October) after announcement.
- Cervical cancer : About 70% of cervical cancer can be prevented by the prevention of HPV infection, which is the main cause of the cervical cancer, of which vaccination is available all the year round.
- Hepatitis B : It manages carriers discovered through newly admitted physical examination and free health checkup through regular examination and counselling.
- Tuberculosis : Manages patients discovered in chest X-ray examination through counselling and referring to outside medical organizations.
- Insecticide Project
Prevents infection of parasites by free distribution of insecticide once a year (May) and selling throughout the year.
- Emergency medication support
It supports emergency medication to events in and out of the school recognized by the university, and applications should by submitted to the General Medical Office 2 days prior to the event.
- Health Education
It offers health education material exhibition, lecture.
- Community medical service