English Island Scholarship
English Island Program is sponsored by Int’l Affairs Office and General English Program (GEP) that pairs non-native English peaking students with native or fluent English speaking exchange students for one-on-one conversation in English. Interns will be guided by professors in GEP for details of the work and will also be reviewed monthly for the scholarship.
- Exchange Students from the universities in English-Speaking Countries such as USA, Canada and Australia, etc.
* If your native language is not English, you must prove that you are fluent in English such as TOEFL score. General English Program may require an interview for your eligibility.
Terms of Condition
- Internship: Less than 8 hours per week during regular semester
- Scholarships: Approximately KRW1,000,000 per semester (KRW 10,000 per hour)
* You are expected to assigned time with your conversation partner, otherwise, your scholarship will be terminated.
How to apply
Submit the following documents along with other applications for exchange program
- Application form for English Island Intern (Download!)
- A proof of English Language Proficiency (for those whose mother tongue is not English)
Sookmyung Alumni Scholarship (not applicable to exchange students)
SMU will grant a scholarship to the non-exchange students (visiting students) whose parent is a full status Sookmyung alumna. The scholarship is 100% of the tuition fee for the Summer/Winter Session and 50% of the tuition fee for the Spring/Fall semesters. The required documents for the scholarship are listed below.
How to apply
- Application Form for Sookmyung Alumni Scholarship DOWNLOAD
- A photocopy of an official document showing your relationship with your parent, such as a family register or a certificate of birth, etc.